Monday, February 13, 2017

Minnie: Helping to Untwist My Life


Editor's Note: Guest blogger Erin Marshall was diagnosed with generalized dystonia. Dystonia is referred to as generalized when it affects the limbs, trunk, and mother major body areas simultaneously. Click here to support her fundraising efforts. 

I picked Minnie up from a local rescue when she was 7 weeks old. I walked in to see her sitting patiently, and I immediately knew she was the pup for me. That was a little over a year ago.

Dystonia has twisted my life around (quite literally) for about two years now. Minnie makes living with generalized dystonia a little easier for me. She applies deep pressure on my legs when they are in excessive pain, alerts to when I am about to have a dystonic episode, and keeps me safe during them.

She does a lot of tasks to help me, but we need your help in order for the DMRF to work to find a cure so that many people affected by this disorder have the chance to live a life with fewer obstacles in it. Please consider donating to the Dogs4Dystonia Virtual Dog Walk to help make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment